9 Best Practices for Choosing your Gig Category on Fiverr
Fiverr is a great site to sell services for $5. But where to start? Here are some tips to make the best out of Fiverr.com by selecting the right service category.
When you first set up a free account, there are many options for gigs you can choose from. Some companies may require a specific type of gig as well in order to work with them. It is very important for new providers that have not quite figured out exactly what types of gigs they want to post yet but aren’t sure what types are popular among companies and the audience on Fiverr.
Here are some of the top sellers, and what your chances are for success.
1. It’s All About Value and Relevance
Two weeks ago, Peter, for example, put up a video gig with a description that said “I’ll film you while you’re playing guitar”. It got hundreds of eyes, but not one click. A lot of people were just scrolling through the gigs looking for something relevant.
2. You Can’t Sell Ice to Eskimos
Peter decided to try again and this time put up a video that showed him playing guitar and then going into the Mixing process — so you’ll know what you’re getting if you hire him. The second gig got fewer views than the first one, but he didn’t get a single click from it. People browse through Fiverr because they’re looking to buy something specific — not anything general. They don’t want an ice cube (unless it’s in their cocktail).
3. Think about your Niche
If you’re a Guitar teacher, don’t put up a gig to edit a YouTube video. It’s not really relevant and you’ll be wasting your time. Think about your niche and put up gigs that are relevant to it like “I’ll record a music video of you playing guitar” “I’ll teach you how to play Lead Guitar in 6 months” or “I’ll help you learn blues in three lessons”. Put yourself into the customer’s shoes when selecting the right category for your gig.
4. Make Sure There’s No Competition in your Category Yet
If you decide to go with something that’s already saturated, use a different variation of it. For example: “I’ll help you learn guitar within a month” is already saturated, but “I’ll help you learn guitar in 3 months” is not. Or if there’s already an over-used Line like “I’d love to help you with your video” — use a different approach like “I’m the guy who makes videos come alive”.
5. Target Keywords and Phrases that People are Using when They Search for your Services
The best way to find out what people search for on Fiverr is to browse through the gigs and other pages on Fiverr and see what keywords pop up. Click on some of them and check out the description: chances are these people will be really interested in your gig. Include keywords in your description so that when potential buyers search online for someone who does what you do, they are likely to find your gig.
Describe your gig in a way that is likely to attract buyers. The more specific you are, the better your gig will be for sellers. For example, how about using keywords on your description such as: “Sell my product on Amazon and earn a commission for each sale” or “Sell products that help people learn and improve their skills.”
A successful gig is persuasive, and all persuasive writing should meet the following criteria:
6. The Conclusion of your Gig should Include a Call to Action
The most common form is a request for the buyer to contact you. However, if you want them to do something they may not be expecting (for example, if you want them to sign up for your newsletter or visit your blog), then make sure it’s something that will move the buyer from reading about your topic to doing something about it.
7. Include Information in the Gig Description and Title (i.e., the title)
This helps potential buyers identify if it is the right gig for them — what they will get from it (for example, has anyone ever done this before?), who they will benefit (for example, what are they missing or what will they gain), and why they need to do this now.
Keep the gig short, sweet, and to the point. The more important the task, the longer your gig should be (unless specifically requested otherwise by your buyer/customer).
8. Know What is and is not allowed on Fiverr
As a seller on Fiverr, you are free to sell all products/services that are legal to sell. However, there are some rules which will restrict your ability to sell certain ideas/products. Let’s take a look at what’s not allowed to sell on Fiverr:
- Subscriptions: Fiverr does not allow the sale of any subscriptions such as monthly or annual memberships. A one-time fee for services is allowed.
- Prohibited industries: Selling anything related to adult and sexual content, drugs, tobacco, and alcohol products are prohibited on Fiverr. Any sellers suspected of selling these items will have their products removed and accounts disabled. Also, offering IPTV services or streaming links is against Fiverr’s guidelines.
- Services and discounts: You cannot offer services or discounts as part of your product listing unless the service or discount is already in your title, and it’s accessible by clicking a link within your listing. Services and discounts cannot be added to the description of your service.
9. Include a Contact form that Allows Buyers to Communicate Directly with you about your Gig by Email
Don’t use up valuable copy space in your description or title by adding dozens of links that take potential buyers to other websites. Consider using a tool like Mail Chimp to gather email addresses with one click and then send an automated message when they are ready for more information on your gig.
Make it easy for potential buyers to talk with you, whether they contact you by email, phone, social media, or any other method.
For more information, feel free to visit my website.
Homepage - ELAAZWEB
Welcome to Elaazweb. Learn more about Freelance Talents, Freelance Services, Freelance Platforms, and Graphic Design…
Thanks for reading!